Before we get into the details of how to set up your store, here's an example from Brittany Noelle to illustrate how this product looks on a live website:
1. Once you have your Stripe account setup, you'll be able to upload digital files. Click the Add New Item button and choose a file.
2. After a successful file upload, a popup will appear where you can customize the store item:
a) Change Placeholder Image lets you change the image people will see for your item.
b) Title is the main title for your item.
c) Description is additional information people will see after opening the item for more information.
d) Price is the amount you want to charge for this item. There is a price calculator at the bottom of this post to see the split between you, Beacons, and Stripe (for credit card fees).
e) Available is a switch to turn the item on and off for sale.
3. After you finish customizing the item, it will show up in the Store tab dashboard.
2. When they click Download Now they will be able to buy the file:
3. After successful payment, we'll give them a link to immediately download the file. We'll also send an email with the link so they can download it later.
4. When someone buys one of your videos, we'll also let you know by sending you an email.
After the Stripe processing fee, Beacons pricing plan takes 10% and the rest goes to the creator. For a $5 purchase, $4.09 goes to the creator, $0.46 goes to Beacons, and $0.45 goes to Stripe (yes, Stripe has a great business 😉).